Friday, February 13, 2009




This is a quilt I am currently working on. It has a King size sheet for the back. Each flower has 4 petals. There are 20 by 23 flowers and each petal takes 60 stitches to complete. That ends up being over 110,000 stitches, not counting the border. It takes me about 12 hours to do a three by 20 flower section, so I am thinking about 92 hours of quilting. I am planning on about 3-4 weeks as I have only been able to get 2-6 hours a day with working full-time. If I wasn't working, I would normally get 12-14 hours in a day. so could knock it out in a week.
It is really a beautiful print. I have seen a darker one, but the pastels are much nicer. It is really spectacular when it is finished. My sister Sheryl has done 3 already (as gifts no less). She gave me the fabric.
Funny thing, my mom is doing the same one, but has 3 borders on hers. Hers is also 16 by 20 flowers. A bit smaller.

No comments: