Many years back I went to visit my sister in Rochester. Her husband teaches at the Eastman College, so there are many social events at the Eastman house they attend. Knowing how I love architecture and gardens she suggested that I visit it.
.
This was my absolute favorite room in the house. This huge bright conservatory that is 2 stories tall. This is in the center of the house. Opposite the elephant is a great 5 foot wide staircase. (I think cherry or mahogany.) I love natural wood as well. I especially loved the palms. All live and thriving. The smell is great.
I have always wanted to have a library with the rolling ladder etc. Huge window to lounge in front of and read. This was my second favorite room in the house.
I spent a long time here. This curved pergola was at the back of the property and was my inspiration for the pergola I built in my yard. The round posts were 8" diameter. Benches were positioned every 15 feet or so.
If you ever get a chance to go to Rochester, don't pass up a tour of the house and gardens. You won't be disappointed. This is about a 3 acre property and there is also a stone pergola on the side of the home with French doors coming from some room.



No comments:
Post a Comment