Right after Mother's Day, we got 2 inches of snow. I was ticked. There go my flowers, tomatoes, squach, cucumbers etc. The day before I had mowed and stacked grass around the tender plants about 4" thick. Luckily I only lost the cucumbers.
I had to replant and they still haven't come up. I has been too cold. The rain has been good for the garden. The lettuce, onions, brussels, cabbage and peas are loving it, but the peppers, beans and tomatoes are at a stand still.
I planted these cockscombs and have been planning on some flower arrangements for Nett's store. She loves the vintage look. We'll have to wait longer it seems.
I can't wait for summer. We are normally in the 80's by now and today the high was 54. I can't believe I have the heater on mid-June. Didn't someone mention "Global Warming?"

No comments:
Post a Comment